Categories
Common Eating Community Food

Priest Missioner – Holy Trinity Anglican

I’ve mentioned from time to time over the last few months that changes were coming to my life and my ministry. One of these changes begins today.

Categories
Food Community

Dining All Through the Weekend

I had a busy weekend of dining. I wrote about some of it in my last post. It started out on Friday night attending the Prairie Voices Tasting Notes, concert. I wrote about last year’s concert here. Then Saturday night we held a Chinese Dinner at St. Philip’s. Finally, on Sunday afternoon, I was at the…

Categories
Food Community local products

Third + Bird + More, Shopping Local

Last weekend was the semi-annual Third + Bird local goods market. 2019 marks 10 years that Third + Bird, which operated originally as a small Christmas market, has been in operation. For the first several years it was held out in Transcona, and because that’s an area that, in spite of having routes so named,…

Categories
Food Common Eating Community

Easter Feasts, Friends, Family

It’s in the middle of the evening of Easter Sunday as I write this. Holy Week, with all the various services is finally over. Today was a great Easter day. First off during our Easter morning Eucharist, we had four people baptized into the family of God. Three of the candidates were from the Furaha…

Categories
Community Food

Clergy Kitchen Party Ceilidh

The last year has been a year of change in my diocese. The biggest one is that we have a new Bishop. Every time a new bishop comes in. One of the small ones that has been made is that there is a change in some of the ways in which clergy gather together. In…

Categories
Food Community

Memories of Melba Toast

The Christmas season is one time of the year when past memories tend to crowd into my life. Some of those memories are expected, particularly memories surrounding my dad at Christmas time. Sometimes though something very plain and ordinary brings back all kinds of different memories. Such was the case yesterday, when I purchased some…

Categories
Community local products

Fromagerie Bothwell – Provencher Avenue

Fromagerie Bothwell is the new Winnipeg location for Bothwell Cheese. Bothwell Cheese has long been a Manitoba institution. A family run business that has been in operation since 1936, Bothwell Cheese produces a wide range of cheese products, and are specially know for their Squeakers, cheese curds available by the bag(and a great choice for…

Categories
Food Common Eating Community

Seasonal Feasting at Saint Margaret's

Today our seasonal activities sit between the ending of one season and the beginning of the next. This morning marks the fourth Sunday in Advent, and tomorrow begins the season of Christmas. Yesterday was also a seasonal occasion, as it marked the end of my time as an Honourary Assistant at Saint Margaret’s. For the…

Categories
Community Fall Suppers Food

Farewell Lunch and Fall Supper

Yesterday marked the middle Sunday of my vacation. Normally, while on vacation I wouldn’t attend one of churches that I serve at However, yesterday was an exception as it marked the final service for Rev. Canon Henry Falconer, before he retires. There was an official send-off earlier this month that I wasn’t able to attend…