Categories
Common Eating Community Food

Common Eating – The Meal Itself.

This post on the meal itself for Common Eating, is probably the one that has changed the most since I wrote it. I originally thought that I wouldn’t bother with any textbook. However, I think I’m going to add a cookbook to the list. Not just any cookbook, but the More with Less cookbook. This cookbook is the greatest contribution of Mennonites to the world, well, greatest after Pioneer Farmers Sausage, and Shmaunt Fat. I also think that I will…Continue readingCommon Eating – The Meal Itself.

Categories
Reviews and Such Community Restaurants

Supper Club at King’s Head Pub

Yesterday marked the beginning of another lockdown level here in Winnipeg. In person dining has once again been canceled. So, with that being the case I decided to revisit via delivery the King’s Head Pub, a place I’ve visited several times in the past. Including one as part of a supper club. You can find that story down below. supper club   This is an add on to my original post. One of the things that appealed to me about…Continue readingSupper Club at King’s Head Pub

Categories
Food Community theology

Keeping the Ferial

I wrote this post on keeping the ferial six and a half years ago. I’m reposting it with some change in my thoughts. Not that I necessarily disagree with what I wrote, but that I find my approach to some matters a little changed in the interim. One more thing I have noticed since the start of the pandemic. Eating alone on a regular basis, makes it harder to keep my focus on the amounts I eat at each meal.…Continue readingKeeping the Ferial

Categories
Community

IDENTITY THEFT!!!-Thoughts on my Name

Every so often I feel the need to repost this.  I originally posted my thoughts on my name and identity theft, almost 2 years ago, but the subject came up again today, so I thought I’d repost it. For a less cranky look at my identity, check out my about page. I realize that this may seem trivial to some people, but to me it’s like getting a little arrow stuck into me every time someone does this. Especially those…Continue readingIDENTITY THEFT!!!-Thoughts on my Name

Categories
Food Community

Biz Patio Tour – Physically Distanced Version.

The Downtown Biz is slowly reopening some of their popular summer events. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, there are outdoor concerts, and on weekends they are restarting their patio tours. This is the fourth time I have been on one of these Biz tours. Something new with this year’s edition is the addition of viewing some of the mural downtown. A little bit more walking, but well worth it.  Biz Tour at The Beer Can Our first stop is at The…Continue readingBiz Patio Tour – Physically Distanced Version.

Categories
Community

Soup For School – Stone Soup Fundraiser

I wrote recently about serving soup for Tuesday lunches. Wednesday was about enjoying soup for lunch. Not just enjoying, but also helping out a good cause. Every year, the Child Nutrition Council of Manitoba holds it’s Stone Soup fundraiser. This fundraiser is in aid of nutrition programs all across the province. Some programs, such as breakfast programs, have been generating a lot of news recently. However, this is nothing new to the Child Nutrition Council. They have been working to …Continue readingSoup For School – Stone Soup Fundraiser