Categories
Community Food

Irish Stew Preparation, Recipe and Video

The social isolation brought on from Covid-19, I find myself not hosting The Lunchroom  @ Holy Trinity. So, I prepared the Irish Stew that we had hoped to serve on St. Patrick’s Day. I also made a video of me preparing this stew. It’s a first attempt to film using a LED ring light with…

Categories
Community

Soup For School – Stone Soup Fundraiser

I wrote recently about serving soup for Tuesday lunches. Wednesday was about enjoying soup for lunch. Not just enjoying, but also helping out a good cause. Every year, the Child Nutrition Council of Manitoba holds it’s Stone Soup fundraiser. This fundraiser is in aid of nutrition programs all across the province. Some programs, such as…

Categories
Common Eating Community

Lunchroom @ Holy Trinity – Pancake Day

Last July, I wrote about starting my new position at Holy Trinity Anglican Church. It`s been a long and difficult road to getting things up and running. At the end of last year we decided we would start The Lunchroom @ Holy Trinity. This is a one day a week simple sit down lunch.  Getting…

Categories
Food Community theology

Pancakes, Pancakes, Pancakes.

It’s just about that time of year again. Tuesday, February 25th, is Shrove Tuesday, otherwise known as Pancake Day. As I have done in the past with my Fall Suppers posts, I am creating a list of the places serving pancakes in the upcoming couple of weeks or so. One difference between this and the…

Categories
Community Common Eating Fall Suppers

Future of Feasting Climate Fall Supper

Last night I attended The Future of Feasting fall supper. This supper is a little different from the one’s I’ve attended so far. The Future of Feasting: A Climate Fall Supper was the brainchild of five local organizations. Wildnerness Committee: Manitoba Office, Green Action Centre, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives: Manitoba Office, Manitoba Energy Justice…

Categories
Common Eating Community Fall Suppers

Lobster Dinner St. Michael and All Angels

This year my fall suppers routine has extended well into November. Last night I was at St. Michael and All Angels Parish for their fall supper, which is a Lobster dinner. Now, you may be wondering why a parish in the middle of the Canadian prairies is hosting a lobster dinner. Well, Father Kevin, the…

Categories
Community Food

Saint Mark’s Fall Supper

Saint Mark’s update 2019 Every year I try to get to a fall supper or two that I haven’t visited before. As a result I rarely revisit. However, earlier this evening, I went to Saint Mark’s for their annual Fall Supper that I wrote about 5 years ago. The meal hasn’t changed. It’s still the…

Categories
Community

St Saviours Anglican Fall Supper

It’s November and the Fall Supper Season is starting to wind down. There are still some happening both in and out of Winnipeg, Last night I went to St Saviours Anglican’s Turkey Fall Supper. St Saviours is located in the north east of Winnipeg. It’s in a working class neighbourhood. There is a lot of…

Categories
Common Eating Community Fall Suppers

Winnipeg Fall Suppers List -2019

It’s that time of the year again. Time to start thinking and planning ahead for your Winnipeg Fall suppers.