Winnipeg Hot Sauces for Self-Isolation

Winnipeg Hot Sauces set out for the taste test.

I’ve been wanting to do this post on Winnipeg Hot Sauces for several weeks. However, with the outbreak of Covid-19 and the upheaval that has brought, it’s been sitting on the back burner for a little while. Most of my time has been spent on videos for the Holy Trinity website.  After spending my days … Read more

Biz Patio Tour – Physically Distanced Version.

The Downtown Biz is slowly reopening some of their popular summer events. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, there are outdoor concerts, and on weekends they are restarting their patio tours. This is the fourth time I have been on one of these Biz tours. Something new with this year’s edition is the addition of viewing some … Read more

Irish Stew Preparation, Recipe and Video

A bowl of Irish stew

The social isolation brought on from Covid-19, I find myself not hosting The Lunchroom  @ Holy Trinity. So, I prepared the Irish Stew that we had hoped to serve on St. Patrick’s Day. I also made a video of me preparing this stew. It’s a first attempt to film using a LED ring light with … Read more

Soup For School – Stone Soup Fundraiser

Soup on display

I wrote recently about serving soup for Tuesday lunches. Wednesday was about enjoying soup for lunch. Not just enjoying, but also helping out a good cause. Every year, the Child Nutrition Council of Manitoba holds it’s Stone Soup fundraiser. This fundraiser is in aid of nutrition programs all across the province. Some programs, such as … Read more

Lunchroom @ Holy Trinity – Pancake Day

Lunchroom bowl of soup

Last July, I wrote about starting my new position at Holy Trinity Anglican Church. It`s been a long and difficult road to getting things up and running. At the end of last year we decided we would start The Lunchroom @ Holy Trinity. This is a one day a week simple sit down lunch.  Getting … Read more